Churchill Island boasts a range of walking and cycling trails free to enjoy, as well as daily farming activities and digital quests around the Heritage Farm. Come explore!
Things to do
- 10.30am Blacksmithing
- 2.00pm Cow Milking
- 2.30pm Sheep Shearing (weekends only)
- 2.45pm Working Dogs
- 3.00pm Whip Cracking
Plus, the kids' activity table in the Churchill Island visitor centre with teh selection of colouring, dot to dot and word search activities.
What to bring
• Sunscreen, sunglasses & hat
• Comfortable clothes and shoes for walking
• Reusable water bottle (we have drinking fountains on-site)
• Insect repellent (we don't sell this in store so please bring your own with you)
• Snacks (our Churchill Island Cafe has a delicious range of breakfast and lunch items, but you may wish to bring your own snacks with you as well)
• Binoculars & a camera (to capture memories of your visit)
Billy the Border Collie’s Digital Quest
Help Billy the Border Collie round up his sheep! Begin by scanning the QR code on the welcome sign in the visitor’s centre, then head out to find the sheep on small signs throughout the historical precinct.
• Churchill Island loop: 4.5kms – 2 hours – moderate
• North Point loop: 2kms – 1hour – easy
• Wadjil’garook Wetland: 1km inside the entrance. Follow the paths to learn about Aboriginal culture and view wetland birds.