Phillip Island boasts some of Victoria’s most spectacular beaches. However, as well as being beautiful they can be dangerous, especially along the island’s south coast.
You can play it safe on Phillip Island’s beaches by:
- Downloading the Vic Emergency App for waterway warnings at emergency.vic.gov.au
- Be aware and prepared for conditions – check the Bureau of Meteorology app bom.gov.au for up-to-date conditions and warnings
- Read safety signs to understand the dangers of individual beaches.
- Swim between the red and yellow flags wherever possible
- Supervise children at all times in and around water.
- Always swim with a friend.
- Learn how to spot and avoid rip currents – find out more at beachsafe.org.au or download the beach safe app.
- Take personal responsibility, think twice and assess your safety and ability before entering the water.