Please note that due to an exciting upgrade to the Penguins Plus Viewing Area, this tour will be unavailable from 01 May to 16 November 2015.
Go behind the scenes at the Penguin Parade and learn how rangers from Phillip Island Nature Parks are caring for sick and injured wildlife, including Phillip Island’s world-famous little penguins. Our hands on displays allow you to learn more about wildlife rehabilitation techniques, how rescuers handle an oil spill and the impacts of oil spills on wildlife.
Your ranger guide will also give you an insight into the daily lives of little penguins and the world-class research undertaken by the Nature Parks’ team of penguin researchers. Tour concludes with reserved front row seats to watch the penguins waddle ashore at sunset and head back to their sand dune burrows.
Combine your Penguin Research Tour ticket with a 3 Parks Pass for discounted entry to the Koala Conservation Centre and Churchill Island Heritage Farm.
Things to know:
- Minimum age of 12 years for all participants
- Binoculars, headset and thermal seating mat supplied
- Bookings are essential as numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 people
- Tour duration approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Please phone 24 hours prior to your tour to confirm the meeting time on 03 5951 2830
- If purchasing a 3 Park Pass with the Penguin Research Tour, select the date of your tour, then your pass is valid for the Koala Conservation Centre and Churchill Island Heritage Farm for six months from the date of your Penguin Parade visit.
- Churchill Island Farm activities generally commence early afternoon, with a total duration of around 90 minutes, but please check the website for details.
@ Penguin Parade