Accessibility at the Nobbies Centre and Antarctic Journey
The Nobbies Centre offers full accessibility both indoors in the cafe, gift shop and in the Antarctic Journey and outside on the boardwalks and in the car park. The following infrastructure has been put in place to ensure this area meets accessibility standards:
- Ramped access throughout Nobbies Visitor Centre
- Wide external boardwalks with ramp access down to blowhole (1 in 14 gradient)
- Raised tactile lift buttons at an accessible height
- Both cafe levels accessible via ramp access
- Wide internal pathways for prams and wheelchairs
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Interpretive displays and experiences at wheelchair height
Phillip Island Nature Parks welcomes visitors who use assistance animals certified by a registered authority. Assistance animals must remain on designated paths.
Phillip Island Nature Parks has recently launched a set of Access Keys to three of its attractions in an effort to provide increased access and inclusion for people of all abilities including those living with a disability (physical and invisible), cognitive impairment, anxiety, those living with a temporary disability, the ageing population, parents with prams and overseas visitors.
Companion and carer cards
Victorian Carers Card holders receive a 10% discount at all Phillip Island Nature Parks attractions (Nobbies free).