EcoBoat Adventure Tour
Enjoy an up close encounter with one of Australia’s largest colonies of fur seals and see these amazing marine mammals in their natural environment. Experience the fun and adventure of a high speed 90 minute boat ride along Phillip Island’s spectacular coastline before pulling in to a protected inlet to see the seals and their antics. Naturally curious and playful, the seals come to greet the boat and check out its occupants, all the while putting on an amazing and amusing show as they duck their heads in and out of the water a play a game of leap-frog with each other.
See the Nobbies sea-cave, shaped by centuries of pounding wave action, and visible only from the water. There’s enough time for a stop at the Cat Bay National Surfing Reserve, famous for its longboard break, before your experienced captain puts the EcoBoat through its paces with a bit of wave-running. Your tour concludes as you pull in at the jetty in plenty of time to make it to the sunset viewing at the Penguin Parade.
Cape Explorer Tour
Explore the island’s spectacular eastern coastline on this fast and fun 1 hour tour. Departing from the fishing village of Rhyll, the EcoBoat makes its way past Churchill Island and its Marine National Park. Travel underneath the bridge through ‘The Narrows’, with San Remo on one side and Newhaven on the other. Marvel at the aqua blue of the waters and then view the impressive 110 metre high ancient granite cliffs of Cape Woolamai rise up before you. Keep your eyes open for the abundant marine life regularly seen in these waters.
This tour operates every Saturday plus daily during School Holidays 01 May to 30 September 2017
Things to Know
- Free WiFi on board
- All participants must be at least 4 years of age.
- All participants must be at least 100cm tall.
- Passengers with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Open waters and unpredictable sea conditions could cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness.
- Eligibility of passengers to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
To book, visit our Buy Tickets page or phone +61 3 5951 2800.
The date of your visit to the Penguin Parade and/or EcoBoat Tour must be booked and will be printed on your ticket. You may then visit the other attractions on your tickets, eg the Koala Conservation Centre, Churchill Island Heritage Farm or Antarctic Journey once within six months of the printed date.