Accessibility at the Nobbies Centre and Antarctic Journey
We are committed to offering an accessible and inclusive experience at the Antarctic Journey at the Nobbies, and have a range of facilities for people of all abilities and sensory needs.
Visitors with Mobility needs
- Ramped access throughout Nobbies Visitor Centre
- Wide external boardwalks with ramp access down to blowhole (1 in 14 gradient)
- Raised tactile lift buttons at an accessible height
- Both cafe levels accessible via ramp access
- Wide internal pathways for prams and wheelchairs
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Interpretive displays and experiences at wheelchair height
Visitors with Sensory needs
- We are a certified sensory-inclusive site for with professionally trained staff
- Sensory bags available, equipped with noise-cancelling headphones, fidget tools and verbal cue cards - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Weighted lap pads available - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Headphone Zones and Designated Quiet Areas
Look at the Antarctic Journey Social Story to help prepare for your visit
Phillip Island Nature Parks' Access Keys help to provide increased access and inclusion for people of all abilities including those living with a disability (physical and invisible), cognitive impairment, anxiety, those living with a temporary disability, the ageing population, parents with prams and overseas visitors.
Visitors with Assistance animals
Phillip Island Nature Parks welcomes visitors who use assistance animals certified by a registered authority. Assistance animals must remain on designated paths.
Companion and carer cards
Victorian Carers Card holders receive a 10% discount at all Phillip Island Nature Parks attractions (Nobbies free).