Looking for family friendly activities in and around the Penguin Parade before penguin viewing at sunset? The Summerland Peninsula has many great beaches and walks to explore.
- Explore the displays at the Penguin Parade visitor centre and discover more about Phillip Island’s little penguins. Open from 10am. *Please note - a penguin viewing ticket charge applies from mid-afternoon onwards. Penguin viewing at sunset only.
- Visit the souvenir shop and cafe at the Penguin Parade or Nobbies Centre.
- Take a walk down the Penguin Parade boardwalks through the penguin colony to the beach. Look for the penguin burrows where some penguins will rest during the day or where other penguins will return to at sunset.
- Explore the rugged coastline along the cliff top boardwalks at the free Nobbies Centre and look for the Australian fur seals and migrating whales.
- Take a walk and go birdwatching at Swan Lake just before the Penguin Parade entrance.
- Bring your surfboard and have a surf at Flynn’s Beach, Summerland Bay or Cat Bay (experienced surfers). Hanging ten for the first time? Check out Smiths Beach or YCW near the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit.
Penguin Parade Visitor Centre:
during the nightly Penguin Parade.
See the Trip Advisor reviews: